Jasper National Park’s lovely Highway 16, 93A, Icefields Parkway, Jasper townsite and other roads.
Banff National Park. Lake Louise. Mt Robson Provincial Park. Kootenay National Park. Yoho National Park. Calgary. Edmonton. Hinton.
Wherever your Canadian Rockies vacation brings, there’s a lot of driving. Do yourself a favor and plan to take it easy, take it slow and drive safe.
- You and your passengers’ safety
- The safety of others: hikers, bikers and pedestrians walking where you least expect it.
- Wildlife safety: the bighorn sheep, elk, bears and their friends cross the roads a lot and have the right of way
- Other drivers who unexpectedly stop for wildlife and roadside lookout turn-offs – or just to take in the amazing scenery
- Lastly, if you drive too fast, law enforcement will be giving out tickets
Keep it safe and have fun in the Canadian Rockies!!