This is a cool 12 Step itinerary for a great snowboarding and skiing trip to Marmot Basin in Jasper National Park.
- Fly into Edmonton, Alberta, the nearest airport (a 4 hour drive away from Jasper).
- Instead of driving, hop on the Via Rail Snow Train to Jasper National Park.
- Chill aboard the train.
- Arrive at Jasper train station. Catch a ride to your hotel (some are in walking distance, others have shuttles).
- In the morning, take a free shuttle to Marmot Basin.
- Snowboard or ski until your legs feel like chopped meat.
- Catch the shuttle back to your hotel.
- Chill in the pool or hot tub.
- Repeat as much as you can (Go back to step 6).
- Do a side trip like the Maligne Canyon Ice Walk.
- Head back home.
This video by RideGuide introduces some of the concepts above and does a nice job of showing riding at Marmot:
Have a nice trip.